Deezer Introduces Smart New Look
Stripped back design puts the music centre stage
Deezer, the premier digital music streaming service, today announced the launch of its new look User Interface on web – a stripped back, smart design that puts music recommendation first.
Based on extensive usability testing and feedback from users of the service, the new design will showcase the breadth of its music catalogue (now over 35 million tracks), by giving the majority of the digital real-estate over to the content from artists – putting music recommendation and favourites firmly in the spotlight.
The new look also highlights Deezer’s intelligent ‘Flow’ function to further aid discovery and offer new music recommendations even more effectively, with just one simple click.
New design features include:
- A clean and refined look – inspired by uncluttered tablet design
- Removal of the header – highlighting ‘Flow’ and emphasising new music recommendations, editorial content, album releases and playlist selections
- A new sidebar, giving you one-click access to your entire library and core features of the service
- Personalised welcome screens, contextualized with time-zone and location, most listened to tracks, genres, artists, playlist and radio suggestions based on mood and taste
- Increased interactivity through ‘Flow’ – users can now like and dislike tracks, helping refine algorithmic recommendations even further
Alexandre Croiseaux, VP Product, Deezer said: “Deezer has built a global audience of over 16 million people, so we have access to a huge amount of data, meaning we can adapt the service to the needs of our users. We believe our new design is truly smart, both in terms of form and functionality, and as a result we are putting the focus squarely on what matters the most – the music.”
Web users can switch to the new look Deezer from October 1st 2014.
Deezer is the first truly worldwide digital music streaming service in more than 180 countries, with 16 million monthly active users and 5 million paid subscribers worldwide. Deezer is at the forefront of a music revolution, allowing fans instant access to the largest music catalogue in the world, with more than 35 million songs and 30,000+ radio channels on any device. Combining the best of man and machine, Deezer’s global editorial team searches for the best music around the world and its algorithmic recommendations help fans discover music they will truly love. Deezer is available on your favourite device, including smartphone, tablet, PC, laptop, home sound system, connected car, smart TV or Xbox.
Launched in 2007, Deezer is a privately-held company, headquartered in Paris with offices in San Francisco and around the world. Deezer is currently available as a free download for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices or on the web at http://www.deezer.com globally outside the US.
For the latest news on Deezer go to Deezer.com/company/press.
Stéphanie Meily & Megan van Hoeck
T: +32-3-466 01 88