- Manchester rapper Aitch, North Tyneside pop artist L Devine and Leicester band Easy Life join Deezer NEXT as UK local acts
- Two previous local Deezer NEXT artists, Manuel Turizo and Lolo Zouaï, have also stepped up to become the latest global priority acts
- Current Deezer NEXT 2019 artists have already experienced 282% stream increase since the program began
London, September 17th 2019: Deezer, the global music streaming service, continues to help emerging talent bring their music to fans worldwide with Aitch, L Devine and Easy Life joining the Deezer NEXT programme. The latest UK NEXT artist lineup joins Jade Bird and Hamzaa as UK picks for 2019.
L Devine is a rising star from Whitley Bay and is leading pop’s new honest and outspoken generation with her first 2 EPs, ‘Peer Pressure’ and ‘Growing Pains‘. She commented: “I’m so happy to be a Deezer NEXT artist for 2019. I see so many of my fans discovering my music through Deezer so it’s great to be championed by them. I’ve seen how the support from Deezer has impacted artists like Sam Fender, Jorja Smith and Lewis Capaldi so it’s really exciting to be selected. Thank you.”
Aitch, the flag-bearer for Manchester’s rap scene, is making waves with Top 10 single ‘Taste (Make It Shake)‘ and features on some of 2019’s biggest UK rap hits. He commented: ““Honoured to be selected, let’s get CRACKING, Can’t wait to be dropping some more music and reach out to different audiences. Gonna end this year on a high…….Safe.”
Easy Life are a genre blending five-piece, playfully mixing sounds from the worlds of hip-hop, R&B and electronic with pop hooks, as showcased in their first two ‘Spaceships’ and ‘Creature Habits’. They commented: “Omfg gassed to be chosen as part of Deezer NEXT! Check out our music on Deezer. Enjoy yallllllllll.”
With previous Deezer NEXT Alumni including Jorja Smith, Rag‘n’Bone Man and Anne-Marie, the current Deezer NEXT 2019 artists have already collectively experienced a 282% stream increase since the program began this year. January’s global pick Lewis Capaldi has also seen a boom of 854% in fans / 244% in monthly streams on Deezer since the start of the program, while Sam Fender experienced a 225% in fans / 424% increase in monthly streams.
Nigel Harding, Deezer’s VP of Artist Marketing commented: “The UK is brimming with incredible rising artists, and every year for NEXT, we hand-pick the talent we believe has huge potential. We’re so excited to champion even more incredible artists and support their journey in bringing their music to new fans across the country and the world.”
The global acts are as follows:
Colombian Reggaeton singer Manuel Turizo and French-American R&B pop singer Lolo Zouaï follow in the footsteps of Lewis Capaldi, a former UK pick who became Deezer NEXT’s global priority in January.
Colombian Reggaeton singer Manuel Turizo forms a powerful duo with his brother Julian, who plays the ukulele. Manuel won the hearts of Latin America with his hit ‘Una Señora Como Tú’ and has been featured on major tracks with artists like Ozuna, Piso 21, Juan Magán, Belinda and Nacho.
French-Algerian R&B and pop artist Lolo Zouaï released her first album ‘High Highs to Low Lows’ in 2019. Lolo’s achievements include writing H.E.R’s self-titled album and a stunning collaboration on Blood Orange’s track ‘Jade’.
The second round of regional acts are:
- Tsew The Kid, a Malagasy RnB and Rap singer/songwriter, started recording music in his bedroom aged just 14
- Larry, a 22 year old rapper, is one of the most promising artists of his generation mastering the trap flow with a contagious energy
- Elia, a Parisian singer/songwriter, mixes delicate but strong notes with groovy pop and will release her 1st EP this month
- Videoclub, a young but promising pop duo who released their debut single ‘Amour Plastique’ last year
- Lou Asril, a soul & R&B singer, has been performing since he was 15 and this year released two new tracks ‘Divine Goldmine and ‘Soothing Moving’
- Pedro Sampaio, a Brazilian DJ mixing hip hop, electronic, pop and funk, is known for his creative mashups on his LIVE EDIT broadcast on YouTube
- Hugo & Guilherme, a duo lighting up the sertanejo scene with their tracks ‘Namorada Reserva’ and ‘Teste da Mãozinha’
- DAY, a pop singer songwriter, was a finalist for The Voice Brasil 2017 and helped write Anitta’s ‘Não Perco Meu Tempo’
- 45ACIDBABIES, a band from Utrecht, are scrambling moods and styles into their own breakneck inner logic and will release debut album ‘AMBER19’ in September
- Nona, a soul singer with a love for hiphop and pop, has a fresh sound and blessed with a powerful voice reminiscent of the soul greats
- Tshego, an American born South African R&B singer and songwriter, impressed fans with breakout EP ‘Since 1990’ and recently released his new album ‘Pink Panther’
Deezer NEXT, which launched in 2017, is an annual artist development initiative that identifies and champions emerging global and local talent. The programme provides artists with exposure to new local and worldwide fans through 12 months of dedicated support from Deezer’s Artist Marketing and Editorial teams. This includes playlisting and creative marketing campaigns involving special content, fan events and social media amplification.
* Statistics based on a report by Buzz Angle 2018 report
Deezer connects 14 million monthly active users around the world to 56 million tracks. Available in over 180 countries worldwide, Deezer gives instant access to one of the largest and most diverse global music streaming catalog on any device. Deezer is the only music streaming service with Flow, the unique mix of all your old favorites and new recommendations in one ever-changing stream. Based on an intuitive, proprietary algorithm and created by people who love music, it’s the only place to hear all your music back-to-back with fresh discoveries tailored to you. Deezer is available on your favorite device, including smartphone, tablet, PC, laptop, home sound system, connected car or smart TV.
Making music happen since 2007, Deezer is a privately held company, headquartered in Paris with offices in São Paulo, Berlin, London, Miami, Dubai and around the world. Deezer is available as a free download for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices or on the web at deezer.com. For the latest news on Deezer go to Deezer.com/company/press