- Two local Deezer NEXT artists, Manuel Turizo and Lolo Zouaï, have stepped up to become the latest Deezer NEXT 2019 global priority acts
- Deezer’s NEXT 2019 program includes more emerging local talent from France, Germany, Brazil, UK, Netherlands and South Africa
- Current Deezer NEXT 2019 artists have already experienced 282% stream increase since the program began
- New dedicated Deezer NEXT Channel hosts exclusive content from lineup
September 17th 2019: Deezer, the global music streaming service, continues to help emerging talent bring their music to fans worldwide with two former Deezer NEXT local artists progressing as this year’s global priority acts: Colombian Reggaeton singer Manuel Turizo and French-American R&B pop singer Lolo Zouaï. The new global acts follow in the footsteps of Lewis Capaldi, a former UK pick who became Deezer NEXT’s global priority in January, prior to becoming a worldwide phenomenon with his international smash hit ‘Someone You Loved’.
Deezer is also revealing its latest local Deezer NEXT artist lineup, which includes rap, rock, hiphop, EDM and reggaeton acts.
Colombian Reggaeton singer Manuel Turizo forms a powerful duo with his brother Julian, who plays the ukulele. Manuel won the hearts of Latin America with his hit ‘Una Lady Como Tú’ and has collaborated with artists like Nicky Jam, Prince Royce, and Farruko.
French-Algerian R&B and pop artist Lolo Zouaï released her first album ‘High Highs to Low Lows’ in 2019. Lolo’s achievements include writing H.E.R’s self-titled album and a stunning collaboration on Blood Orange’s track ‘Jade’.
A new addition this year is the dedicated Deezer NEXT Channel that is filled with exclusive content from the NEXT artists including live sessions and their personal ‘inspirations’ playlists.
With previous Deezer NEXT Alumni including Jorja Smith, Rag‘n’Bone Man and Anne-Marie, the current Deezer NEXT 2019 artists have already collectively experienced a 282% stream increase since the program began this year. January’s global pick Lewis Capaldi has also seen a boom of 854% in fans / 244% in monthly streams on Deezer since the start of the program, while Sam Fender experienced a 225% in fans / 424% increase in monthly streams.
Manuel Turizo commented: “I feel proud, happy and fortunate to be chosen as a Deezer NEXT global act and to be able to spread my music further every day. It’s also an honor to be selected as the first Latin global act. This is only the beginning and I want to continue working hard and making great music.”
Lolo Zouaï commented: “2019 has been the biggest year of my career so far, from releasing my debut album to touring the world. The recognition from Deezer as a Global NEXT artist is another career highlight. I love connecting with my fans any way I can. I think a big part of that stems from people being able to hear my music however they want, whenever they want, especially through a platform like Deezer.”
Nigel Harding, Deezer’s VP of Artist Marketing commented: “Since we launched our first Deezer NEXT in 2018, it’s been very rewarding to see how far our hugely talented alumni artists have come. This year we’re proud to have Manuel Turizo and Lolo Zouaï extend their Deezer NEXT journey. We can’t wait for even more fans around the world to fall in love with their music, just like we did. We’re especially thrilled to welcome Manuel as our first Latin global priority artist. Given the rising popularity of Latin music and that 95% of Latin consumption is from streaming*, we hope to help continue taking this genre to new heights. As always, our local acts are a force to be reckoned with, and their music will no doubt speak to a new generation of fans.”
The second round of regional acts are:
- Tsew The Kid, a Malagasy RnB and Rap singer/songwriter, started recording music in his bedroom aged just 14
- Larry, a 22 year old rapper, is one of the most promising artists of his generation mastering the trap flow with a contagious energy
- Elia, a Parisian singer/songwriter, mixes delicate but strong notes with groovy pop and will release her 1st EP this month
- Videoclub, a young but promising pop duo who released their debut single ‘Amour Plastique’ last year
- Lou Asril, a soul & R&B singer, has been performing since he was 15 and this year released two new tracks ‘Divine Goldmine and ‘Soothing Moving’
- L Devine, a rising star from Whitley Bay, is leading pop’s new honest and outspoken generation with her first 2 EPs, ‘Peer Pressure’ and ‘Growing Pains‘
- Aitch, the flag-bearer for Manchester’s rap scene, is making waves with Top 10 single ‘Taste (Make It Shake)‘ and features on some of 2019’s biggest UK rap hits
- Easy Life, a five-piece band playfully blending sounds from hip-hop, R&B and electronic with pop hooks, showcased on their mixtapes ‘Spaceships’ and ‘Creature Habits’
- Pedro Sampaio, a Brazilian DJ mixing hip hop, electronic, pop and funk, is known for his creative mashups on his LIVE EDIT broadcast on YouTube
- Hugo & Guilherme, a duo lighting up the sertanejo scene with their tracks ‘Namorada Reserva’ and ‘Teste da Mãozinha’
- DAY, a pop singer songwriter, was a finalist for The Voice Brasil 2017 and helped write Anitta’s ‘Não Perco Meu Tempo’
- 45ACIDBABIES, a band from Utrecht, are scrambling moods and styles into their own breakneck inner logic and will release debut album ‘AMBER19’ in September
- Nona, a soul singer with a love for hiphop and pop, has a fresh sound and blessed with a powerful voice reminiscent of the soul greats
- Tshego, an American born South African R&B singer and songwriter, impressed fans with breakout EP ‘Since 1990’ and recently released his new album ‘Pink Panther’
Deezer NEXT, which launched in 2017, provides artists with 12 months of dedicated support from Deezer’s Artist Marketing and Editorial teams. This includes playlisting and creative marketing campaigns involving special content, fan events and social media amplification.
* Statistics based on a report by Buzz Angle 2018 report
Deezer connects 14 million monthly active users around the world to 56 million tracks. Available in over 180 countries worldwide, Deezer gives instant access to one of the largest and most diverse global music streaming catalog on any device. Deezer is the only music streaming service with Flow, the unique mix of all your old favorites and new recommendations in one ever-changing stream. Based on an intuitive, proprietary algorithm and created by people who love music, it’s the only place to hear all your music back-to-back with fresh discoveries tailored to you. Deezer is available on your favorite device, including smartphone, tablet, PC, laptop, home sound system, connected car or smart TV.
Making music happen since 2007, Deezer is a privately held company, headquartered in Paris with offices in São Paulo, Berlin, London, Miami, Dubai and around the world. Deezer is available as a free download for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices or on the web at deezer.com. For the latest news on Deezer go to Deezer.com/company/press